2022 is another year marked with uncertainty. Perhaps you have also been affected in one way or another. We hope your Snapmaker 3D printer has been by your side and helped you make something wonderful to brighten your life. Coming to the seventh year of Snapmaker, we are more than grateful to be backed by an ever-growing community. With your support, we overcame challenges and successfully launched not one but two brand-new 3D printers in 2022! Let’s follow the timeline below and see what we’ve accomplished in 2022!
- Attended TCT Japan
- Joined TikTok to get closer to the maker communities worldwide
- Snapmaker Original 3-in-1 3D Printer was featured in Apple’s Peek Performance Event
- Teamed up with iMakr to showcase STEAM education solutions at BETT UK
- Won International iF Design Award 2022
- Interviewed by the well-known Japanese newspaper 《電子デバイス産業新聞》(Electronic Device Industry News)
- The 9th Snapmaking Contest: Revive in Spring
- Attended iF Design Award Night 2022 in Berlin
- Launched Snapmaker Artisan—the latest generation of 3-in-1 3D printer
- Collaborated with Former Toshiba China CEO Mr. Isao Sugehara to expand Japan Market
- Released Factory tour video during Artisan’s pilot run
- Sponsored Turkish student community SAITEM to compete in three energy car races
- Empowered STEAM Education with Back-to-School Campaign
- Launched Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module for Snapmaker 2.0
- Released Snapmaker Luban v4.4.0
- The 11th Snapmaking Contest: Get Organized with Snapmaker
- Announced the return of Snapmaker’s early founding team members with their J1 IDEX 3D printer
- Launched Try out Snapmaker J1 Program
- Awarded THE BEST 3-IN-1 3D PRINTER by All3DP (Snapmaker 2.0 A350T)
- Brought Artisan and J1 to TCT Asia in Shenzhen
- Attended Formnext for the first time and debuted Artisan and J1 in Europe
- Launched Referral Program
- Released Christmas-themed video: Snapmaker is the Bonding Gift
Snapmaker Artisan 3-in-1 3D Printer
Snapmaker Artisan was officially launched in August 2022. It features 300°C Dual Extrusion 3D Printing, 10W High Power Laser Engraving & Cutting, and 200W CNC Carving & Cutting, bringing the capacity of 3-in-1 3D printer to the next level. This month, Snapmaker has also been named a CES 2023 Innovation Awards Honoree for Snapmaker Artisan!
Snapmaker J1 High Speed IDEX 3D Printer
Snapmaker J1 was officially launched in November 2022. It features lightning-fast IDEX, bringing you high-resolution prints while increasing the printing speed to 350 mm/s. With two separate extruders, it excels in dual-material printing and doubles productivity with Copy Mode & Mirror Mode.
In September, we released Luban v4.4.0. In this version, we made huge progress in supporting the 3D printing function, introducing a new interface, much more configurable parameters, simulation preview, new canvas style, model repair and model simplification, quick preview before slicing, toolpath optimization, 3MF and AMF formats support. Users can tweak 290+ parameters for material and printing settings, compared to the 50+ parameters in previous versions.
Our satisfaction score reached 97.21% in 2022. To further improve after-sales service, our maintenance warehouse has been successfully put into use in the USA. Plans for local maintenance warehouses in Canada and Europe are also on the way. In the future, we will further improve the quality and efficiency of our after-sales support.
Community is where we grow and thrive. In 2022, we continued the tradition of holding regular Snapmaking Contests. Many entries were real eye-openers for us! In 2022, we also tried something new. For example, we invited three users to write with us and share their knowledge through Snapmaker Academy, which can be found here. In September, we recruited 5 beta testers for J1. Their valuable inputs have helped us with the improvement of J1. Apart from the beta testing program, we have also collected many feedbacks from Facebook user groups throughout the year and answered some most-asked questions in the forum. We love to see how every in-depth discussion on our products has gradually made our community a better place. With the expanding product line, we now have three major user groups: Snapmaker Original/2.0 Owners, Snapmaker J1 Owners, and Snapmaker Artisan Owners. You are welcome to join the groups accordingly and share your daily making with fellow makers.
Near the end of the year, we were also lucky enough to travel overseas and finally meet our users offline at Formnext. We believe we will return to more events in the near future!
Starting from October 28, 2022, customers can enjoy Free Shipping on orders over $99/€99 at Snapmaker US/EU/Global Official Store. And we now have 25 local delivery channels in the US, EU, UK, AU, and CA for us to reach the majority of places.
We now have even more channel partners across the globe. We believe our partners’ expertise and vision in the 3D printing market will help us bring Snapmaker products and services to more places worldwide. Our STEAM education projects are also reaching more global students. For example, we are proud of supporting two of the nine curriculums under the STEAM Azerbaijan project which are “3D printing” and “CNC laser cutters.” We are also teaming up with education distributors like Learning Labs to showcase STEAM solutions at EDU conferences and tradeshows in Southeast US.
Plans for 2023
In the new year, our top priority is to keep on improving our products and services for users. In February, 10W Laser Module will soon be compatible with Snapmaker 2.0 A150. There will also be firmware updates that incorporate Vibration Compensation for F models, AT models, and A models with upgraded Linear Modules (20-lead XY axes). Please stay tuned for this exciting update! In the second and third quarters of 2023, we will launch the quick-swap addon for Snapmaker 2.0; Artisan, J1, and Dual Extrusion 3D Printing Module will also be in stock by then.
Also, we look forward to seeing you more often in the community! Do you have any 3D printing plans in 2023 or any expectations of Snapmaker? We would love to hear from you!
Wish you a happy new year:D